Land Rover Repair/big end bearing torque setting RR 3.6 tdv8

Hi i am looking for the torque settings for a Range rover sport 3.6 tdv8.We lost a turbo and we had to check the sump for the steel pieces and also check for bearing damage. Now on auto data we cant find torque settings for big end bearings.

A lot of the big engine bolts are now torqued through a special process; it's not enough to have a number.  You need the order and the angle of rotation after a certain torque base.  Land Rover's Topix system is what dealer techs use for up-t0-date info like this.  You can pay for a single day's subscription and download everything relevant for your vehicle.  In the USA the address is   I'm not sure if that will work in Africa but like I said the name of the system is Land Rover Topix so perhaps you can google that if the first does not work there

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.