Land Rover Repair/2008 Range Rover Transmission leak

I have a 2008 RR with 40,000 miles (just out of warranty) and have a transmission leak dripping around the front of the pan.  last oil change 6 weeks ago, dealer said trans is leaking at the elec connector sleeve.  So now it started leaking a considerable some.  I can't see anything leaking, just the drips around the pan. Is the connector sleeve inside the pan?  Everything around the pan seems dry.  Pan bolts don't seem to be loose, any ideas or options you can offer me?  thanks, Bob

I have no reason to doubt what the dealer told you.  The connector is a common leak source.  The plastic pans are another common source of leakage.  If it were mine I would probably do both, and get fresh fluid in there at the same time.  That will help it last longer.

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.