Land Rover Repair/Land Rover Door Lock Issues

Question

Our 2004 Discovery door locks are not working.  The "master" lock on the dash will not unlock the doors, the doors won't open at all, not even the back door.

We took it to a shop and they tried resetting the computer with a special computer they had, and then tried another one they brought in.  Neither of those worked. They say we'll have to replace the computer.  We called another shop and they said it sounds like some kind of loose connection.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks!

Answer
Most of the time these problems come from failed latches.   I have never seen a computer failure in locking alone.  I urge you to look carefully at the qualifications of whomever is doing this work.  Do they have an IDS, t4 or Autologic tester and knowledge to use it?

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison