Land Rover Repair/air suspention

I have a 2000 dico ll i replaced rear airbag last year. Sometimes i turn off the ignition and the compressor stay on i turn the ignition to the on position then the compressor stop. Other times i  find the truck (rear) down, as soon as i star the truck it goes up and it stay like that for day, i had a shop check under and they find no leaks. someone told me that theres a valve that could be bad.the compressor always work. any where i could check. i don't have anyone around here that i could take the truck an have them plug it in. I have lost all trust with my local L.R. dealer. thank you for your help

Reading your story, I think the smart thing is to convert from air bags to coil springs.  You can buy a kit to do that from Atlantic British or Rovers North.  The kit will cost you less than the valve you are asking about, and it can be installed with ordinary hand tools.  It takes special test equipment to fix the air suspension.

I suggest you leave it behind. Coil springs will never go flat or strand you

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.