Land Rover Repair/Water heating problems

Yes John after fifteen minutes of idling motor temperature garage has gone to half way for awhile then starts to want to keep rising to the red area then drips of water out of the rear exhaust pipe. This is all happening on my 1999 Landrover discovery series 2 4litre v8. I have replaced 2 head gaskets, 2 reconditioned heads, new water pump and gasket,all new hoses, a new radiator, and a new themostat, and still this problem exists along  with the hoses swelling tight like there is a lot of pressure there. I would be very grateful for your thoughts of advise in helping me to sought this problem out, many thanks regards Jack

Read the stories on my blog about Land Rover liner failure.  That is very likely your problem

Here is one link; there are other (newer) stories on the Robison Service blog.

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.