Land Rover Repair/LR3 suspension fault

I have replaced the EAS compressor in our LR3 2006 SE 18 months ago.It was driving fine until two days ago. The right front is slightly lower than the left. I've sent to a LR mechanical who perform a Land Rover test system diagnostic and they conclude it may be the air compressor but i am not sure. Reading your answers I learned it may be the struts.

Do you have any thoughts, specifically on what might be the problem and whether or not it might have anything to do with the compressor.  We are still getting the suspension fault code and the vehicle is still lowered. Any suggestions on how to proceed? You can hear the newly installed compressor but it still yields no lift...any help would be appreciated!

If the car is low on one corner, and levels itself when started, you may well have a leaky strut.   If the truck is always crooked that points to a sensor failure.  However guessing is very expensive and I urge you to find a shop with Autologic or IDS systems and the training to test the vehicle properly

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.