Land Rover Repair/range rover key

Question
We have a 1997 range rover h.s.e.,IA the remote key is none repairable we are trying to find a replacement, can you help ,thank you,  Ernie.

Answer
I see you are in Australia.  Here in the USA (where I am) the only way to get a key is to order it through a franchised dealer.  Keys are getting problematic as Land Rover has discontinued the lock set and ignition switch.   The remote has to be ordered as Key 1, Key 2, Key 3 , or Key 4.  The remote entry system will only recognize one of each number, so you need to have the shop check your existing keys to get the proper number.  If you (for example) have a Key 2 and buy a second, only one of them will work the remote

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison