Land Rover Repair/Warranty Exchange Blocks

In your October 13, 2009 posting, "All you ever wanted to know about . . Land Rover V8 Engine Failures" you mention that "The problem got so bad [engine block failure] that Land Rover began supplying warranty exchange blocks to dealers for about $1,000."

I want to establish that Land Rover was aware that engine block failure was a significant problem. Can you refer me to any documentation regarding Land Rover supplying warranty exchange blocks to dealers?

Thank you

Carmakers often price warranty exchange parts very low to manage their internal warranty costs.  Land Rover's action in this regard is no different from the action of any other carmaker.   They had enough failures to realize there was an issue, and they responded with the price adjustment.   As for when that happened - you would have to find a way to look at historical price lists and old service advisories.   I would be able to research it, but I do not know off the top of my head.   Contact us if you want to engage us to dig deeper on your behalf.

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.