Land Rover Repair/land rover would start

Hi John. Problem is as follows: Put key in ignition, get lights and display but no start. No check engine (amber) service engine (Red). Also verified no spark or fuel pump sound. No error msg reported ie: engine immobilized. Verified start switch is good in all positions. Broke down Engine compartment fuse box and check all sockets, fuses and relays. Suspect BeCM or ECM. Any hints would be massively welcome. Thanks Wes

Hi Wes,

sorry for the delayed response, I've been away from my PC for awhile.

Sounds like it could be BECM, perhaps ignition switch too. Don't think it's ECM, would lean towards BECM or wiring to starter solenoid.

I did have a problem with my starter once...turned out that the main lead to the solenoid was just saturated with oil, road gunk, grit, ....  I spliced in a new lead wire and problem was solved.

Best of luck,

Land Rover Repair

John McInnis

Land Rover Discovery. I've had most of the common mechanical failures, altenator, water leaks, wiper failure, door/hinge problems, roof rust, floor rust, loads of electrical problems. Remember, I'm not a dealer or a mechanic, just an owner like most of you.

Owner of a Discovery. I've had many mishaps with our Disco but I still like this vehicle. Talk to a fellow LR owner instead of a dealership rep. I'm not in this for the money. I'm just an owner who wants to help others.