Land Rover Repair/Over sensitive braking

My query is related to my experience driving a friend's Honda CRV of a few years of age. The foot brakes are so sensitive that I appeared like a bad driver. It took me quite a while to get used to the brakes and I have to be specially conscious when braking to avoid sudden and jerking effects each time the pedal is depressed. My question is whether this is normal in Honda CRV or whether this is caused by excessive servo pressure. If so, would a restrictor fitted in the servo vacuum hose to reduce the pressure help to overcome the situation. Many thanks.

The amount of braking that results from a given pressure on the brake pedal is a function of many things, and varies quite a lot from one car line to another.  Without seeing the cars in question I cannot say whether either or both vehicles are normal or broken.  As for your last question - a vacuum restrictor would not change the pedal pressure needed to stop the car.  Rather, it would give full effectiveness on the first stop and diminished effectiveness on subsequent rapid pedal applications (a dangerous thing)  

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.