Land Rover Repair/98 4.0 Restore

Question
Hi John, I have a 98 4.0 RR that I bought new and kept in A1 condition (129,000 miles).  I pull it behind my motor coach and as a result I seem to be stuck with this vehicle due to later models not being dingy towable.
Do you know of any Landrover models,newer preferred, that are set up to accept flat towing?  Can't make
myself go to a GMC or Explorer.

My vehicle is at
Landrover Greenville now for complete mechanical updates.  They tell me some of the repairs have to be done by none dealers (such as key replacement and ac panel replacement).  For the key fob is there an economical way to replace it, rather than pay the dealer over $300 for a key and $120 to have it laser cut? If
a used ac panel is bought through say, Ebay, is it plug and play for P38 years? My issue is with the fan switch being
inopperable and the readout faded (assume a bulb is out there, as well as out on the right side of my odometer).  Hope you and your family are doing well. Still looking at older Bentleys and may be a Azure player in the future.   Thanks for your very useful blog!

Answer
There is no alternative on the key fobs

Climate control panels are getting rare and pricey

In general dealers are not good and end to end overhauls.  That's usually the province of shops like ours.  We get trucks shipped 1000 miles or more now

The newer Rovers dont have a transfer case that's towable in neutral. That said, you might be better served towing an Evoque or Sport on an aluminum trailer  

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison