Land Rover Repair/Immobiliser

I have a 1997 Discovery the remote will not lock or unlock the truck. The truck will not start either it will turn over but will not start. There is no fire or fuel getting to the engine, I have checked both and the remote battery is good as well. Please can you help.

If the vehicle is having immobilizer trouble the only way to clear it is by connecting a LR test system and realigning the security and clearing any faults.  That can't be done without the tester.   The Land Rover T4 (the dealer tool back then) can do it, as can Autologic and possibly some other aftermarket test systems.  The trick is finding a shop with both the proper tools and training.   You don't want to waste time with a fellow who lacks the tools or knowledge.  

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.