Land Rover Repair/Immobiliser

Question
I have a 1997 Discovery the remote will not lock or unlock the truck. The truck will not start either it will turn over but will not start. There is no fire or fuel getting to the engine, I have checked both and the remote battery is good as well. Please can you help.

Answer
If the vehicle is having immobilizer trouble the only way to clear it is by connecting a LR test system and realigning the security and clearing any faults.  That can't be done without the tester.   The Land Rover T4 (the dealer tool back then) can do it, as can Autologic and possibly some other aftermarket test systems.  The trick is finding a shop with both the proper tools and training.   You don't want to waste time with a fellow who lacks the tools or knowledge.  

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison