Land Rover Repair/2002 discovery series ii cooling problems

Question
Hello my name name is Keith Lawson I've got a land rover discovery series ii 2002 and I've had the timing,water pump and oil gaskets replaced along with the radiator thermostat replaced and I had the head gasket test and it was fine. I can drive sometimes and everything works like the heating and cooling system seems to work then sometimes it over heats when I drive about 20minutes then sometimes it will run for 45minutes in my driveway and nothing happens then sometimes the hoses are hard and I have to bleed the line. I'm not leaking anything I don't have milky oil I'm at a loss can someone please help me,thank you Keith Lawson

Answer
This is a classic description of liner failure.  What you probably need is to rebuild the engine with flanged liners, a 10-13k job.  So you have a big decision to make.  Look at the Robison Service Blog - there are several articles on Land Rover liner failure (you can google that phrase for them) that lay it all out, with photos.

Sorry to have bad news

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison