Land Rover Repair/2000 discovery

i have two questions, first being my engine is misfiring, 1,3,5,7 an the scanner says not DTC found, could this be cause from the crank sensor an if so, when i change it is there any particular steps i need follow?? my 2nd is i have what you called the three post a link to a newer updated part that would fix these,would you be so kind to share that link with me again..thank you for this forum it has been most helpful with me repairing my daughter truck

Misfire codes are from ignition issues, or internal engine issues.  The crank sensor is not going to cause those faults.

As for the three amigos - you will need to scan the SLABS computer and see what faults you have.  Could be sensors, controller, other possibilities  

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.