Land Rover Repair/2007 Land Rover starter seem to be electrically locked out

Replaced water pump, didn't disconnect any electrical plugs.
After pump replacement, starter will not engage, all other electrical seems to be working.
Do u have any idea what I have done to cause this problem?
2007 Land Rover LR3 4.4 liter v8.
Key position 1 normal, position 2 normal, position 3 start engine does nothing.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Michael Babcock

It sounds like you have a security lockout but the only way to know would be to connect a Land Rover test system and check the crank authorization status.  There's no way to see that without the tester.  I think it's time to look for a nearest dealer or qualified independent.  

You can try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, and then trying to lock and unlock the truck before trying to crank it.  If that does not work, you need that tool and a trained tech

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.