Land Rover Repair/1996 P38 Range Rover steering

Long time Land Rover owner/mechanic, first time with a P38 Range Rover. One issue I am experiencing is the engine bogs down a bit in slow, sharp turns, like making a 90 degree turn in to the driveway or a parking spot. CV boots are not busted, pump doesn't whine, belt is good and fluid is topped up, no leaks. I have no clicking at the CV joints, but wonder if they could benefit from some added grease. Considered cutting clamps off big end of the boots, injecting grease, then installing new clamps. Just wondering if you have seen this, if I have correctly identified the culprit, and any suggestions you have.

if there is no cracked boot or leak, don't go there.  It probably is a worn CV and on its way out.  Best to remove the shaft and inspect it.  If you do open up the boot, use CV joint grease only.  There are kits available.   

try for more details on CV joint trouble.

Best of luck,

Land Rover Repair

John McInnis

Land Rover Discovery. I've had most of the common mechanical failures, altenator, water leaks, wiper failure, door/hinge problems, roof rust, floor rust, loads of electrical problems. Remember, I'm not a dealer or a mechanic, just an owner like most of you.

Owner of a Discovery. I've had many mishaps with our Disco but I still like this vehicle. Talk to a fellow LR owner instead of a dealership rep. I'm not in this for the money. I'm just an owner who wants to help others.