Land Rover Repair/1998 Discovery Lights stopped working

Question
I just purchased a 98 Land Rover Discovery.  I took it out off road yesterday in the rain, went through water & mud, I was getting a lot of water coming inside the vehicle around the sunroof/overhead light control area.  I turned the engine off then it wouldn't start.  I banged on the battery connectors and it started up, but then I had no dash lights, no headlights, no tail lights.  The emergency flashers did work.  There is not one fuse that controls all of these items... what could be the problem?

Answer
It sounds like you have some leaks in the roof or sunroof, and those need to be fixed to avoid more wiring corrosion and damage.  The problems you have now may come from wiring corrosion in the fusebox under the hood or under the dash.  I would look at connections in all those places.

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison