Land Rover Repair/Remote will not unlock jeep

Range Rover sport HSE 2.7 diesel  (2006) remote key fob will lock the jeep but will not unlock it ,tried leaving the key in the ignition for 6 minutes with the engine running as instructed in the manual but still not working

Hi Mike,

Happy New Year.

Does this happen with both key fobs?  Are they the original fobs?  Fobs status would indicate if battery or sync trouble exists (when inserted).  Dealer repair, unfortunately.  Could be a comm problem between security and lock system.  Again, Dealer would be best suited to fix this.

I read somewhere that most times it is an electrical short in the vehicle.

Best of luck,

Land Rover Repair

John McInnis

Land Rover Discovery. I've had most of the common mechanical failures, altenator, water leaks, wiper failure, door/hinge problems, roof rust, floor rust, loads of electrical problems. Remember, I'm not a dealer or a mechanic, just an owner like most of you.

Owner of a Discovery. I've had many mishaps with our Disco but I still like this vehicle. Talk to a fellow LR owner instead of a dealership rep. I'm not in this for the money. I'm just an owner who wants to help others.