Land Rover Repair/RR Full size EAS compressor into LR3

Firstly, sir it is indeed an honor to email you directly.  I have read many or your articles. I am on a one man rescue mission to address broken Land Rovers, way out in Canada.

My question revolves around the actual differences in the wiring of the RR full size air suspension compressor and it's field compatibility with the LR3.  What wiring changes are needed other than the obvious?  There are two white and two grey small gauge wires which can only be identified through plug routing which is different between the two models.  So once the mechanical install is complete, there remains the re-wiring.  

Your time and help are greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance!!

I have never tried to adapt the RR compressor to fit an LR3.  Here in Massachusetts, both compressors are readily available.  If there was a prolonged backorder for one or the other I might try it, but that's not the case today.  If you do try it, let me know how it works for future reference.  Sorry I can't be of help otherwise

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.