Land Rover Repair/2003 Landrover Discovery series 2 OVERHEATING

I have a 2003 land rover Discovery series 2,it over heats when it is on idleling and boils but when its moving it doesn't boil, what is the problem with it.... help me.

Hi Isabella,

could be that the coolant is not circulating properly.  You need to have the system tested, check the coolant level, bleed off any air that may be trapped, test for leakages.  Could also be as simple as a thermostat failure or water pump failing.

Best of luck,

NB:  youtube has great videos you can watch that may help you better understand this problem  

Land Rover Repair

John McInnis

Land Rover Discovery. I've had most of the common mechanical failures, altenator, water leaks, wiper failure, door/hinge problems, roof rust, floor rust, loads of electrical problems. Remember, I'm not a dealer or a mechanic, just an owner like most of you.

Owner of a Discovery. I've had many mishaps with our Disco but I still like this vehicle. Talk to a fellow LR owner instead of a dealership rep. I'm not in this for the money. I'm just an owner who wants to help others.