Land Rover Repair/2003 Landrover Discovery series 2 OVERHEATING

Question
Hie,
I have a 2003 land rover Discovery series 2,it over heats when it is on idleling and boils but when its moving it doesn't boil, what is the problem with it.... help me.

Answer
Hi Isabella,

could be that the coolant is not circulating properly.  You need to have the system tested, check the coolant level, bleed off any air that may be trapped, test for leakages.  Could also be as simple as a thermostat failure or water pump failing.

Best of luck,
JohnMc

NB:  youtube has great videos you can watch that may help you better understand this problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcGQdx-jlrs  

Land Rover Repair

John McInnis