Land Rover Repair/power supply to fuel pump

Dear John,

I have problem with my Discovery again. It stalls straight the way on start.  I check the fuses, fuel pump, fuel and main relays, and fuel pump earth, and they all appear ok.  But there is no power coming in to energerise the fuel pump replay on ignition II position.  I have no idea what could cause the problem.  How should I futher investigate this?

The Disco is 1998 3.9V8 EFI automatic.  Engine no is 36D76610C.  The chassis no is SALLJGMM3WA798312.

Hi Kwei Kin,

could be ignition switch itself.  They are known to fail.  Then there is the park/neutral switch that can also prevent engine starts.  Do a search of these two problems on the following website:

Best of luck,

Land Rover Repair

John McInnis

Land Rover Discovery. I've had most of the common mechanical failures, altenator, water leaks, wiper failure, door/hinge problems, roof rust, floor rust, loads of electrical problems. Remember, I'm not a dealer or a mechanic, just an owner like most of you.

Owner of a Discovery. I've had many mishaps with our Disco but I still like this vehicle. Talk to a fellow LR owner instead of a dealership rep. I'm not in this for the money. I'm just an owner who wants to help others.