Land Rover Repair/power supply to fuel pump

Question
Dear John,

I have problem with my Discovery again. It stalls straight the way on start.  I check the fuses, fuel pump, fuel and main relays, and fuel pump earth, and they all appear ok.  But there is no power coming in to energerise the fuel pump replay on ignition II position.  I have no idea what could cause the problem.  How should I futher investigate this?

The Disco is 1998 3.9V8 EFI automatic.  Engine no is 36D76610C.  The chassis no is SALLJGMM3WA798312.

Answer
Hi Kwei Kin,

could be ignition switch itself.  They are known to fail.  Then there is the park/neutral switch that can also prevent engine starts.  Do a search of these two problems on the following website:

www.discoweb.org

Best of luck,
JohnMc  

Land Rover Repair

John McInnis