Land Rover Repair/transfer case

my 2004 land rover is stuck in high range . There does not feel as there is any tension on cabe  I crawled  under had my son put  transmission in neutral   then move transfer selector from high to low  many times  i could see cable moving in and out of sleave but could not physically (hand would not fit ) to feel were cable ends on casing  any ideas?? could it be electrical??  thank you in advance Rod

Hi Rod,

could be gear selector switch, a common fault.  
Here's a website I suggest you can use for further help:  go to the bulletin board and then do some searches.

No OBDII codes were triggered? M & S light not flashing?

Best of luck,

Land Rover Repair

John McInnis

Land Rover Discovery. I've had most of the common mechanical failures, altenator, water leaks, wiper failure, door/hinge problems, roof rust, floor rust, loads of electrical problems. Remember, I'm not a dealer or a mechanic, just an owner like most of you.

Owner of a Discovery. I've had many mishaps with our Disco but I still like this vehicle. Talk to a fellow LR owner instead of a dealership rep. I'm not in this for the money. I'm just an owner who wants to help others.