Land Rover Repair/Disco 2 rear door stuck shut

Question
QUESTION: I read an earlier post about a similar problem, but the solution did not help my problem. I have a 2000 Discovery 2 and the rear door will not open. I removed the interior panel, and use a pole to push the interior lock/unlock switch from the rear of the vehicle and I can hear the actuator functioning. I removed the logo on the outside, and sprayed with lubricant, worked the door lever, then sprayed again, repeat- but to no avail. I pushed the door lever forward through the logo hole in case it was bent too much from use, but that didn't help. I tried prying up on the door while trying to open because the door has a slight sag to it, but that did not work. I would be very grateful if you could help me with this problem, as it has been stuck shut for several months now, and I think that I am out of ideas.
--Thanks

ANSWER: Logan, from what you write I am afraid you may not have any good way to solve the problem.  You may have to work the inside panel loose as non-destructively as you can, and get in and get the latch loose.  We try and find non-breaking cures like oiling the latch or doing what you did inside but they do not always work

QUESTION: Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I have already removed the inside panel, do you know how I might get the latch loose? I'm not very concerned with appearences, I am more concerned with functionality.
--Thanks again

Answer
If the inner panel is off you should be able to pull the rods on the latch and get it open.  You should see the rods that go from latch to inner and outer handles.  Pulling both rods will jam it.  Make sure both are pushed in and then pull them one at a time and it should open on one or the other should open it

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison