Land Rover Repair/2000 land Rover Discovery acting up.

I have a 2001 Land Rover Discovery. There is a winning noise along the left side of the driver wheel. It's also grinding and red liquid along under the truck like transmission fluid. But makes a weard noise if I go over25 miles an hour. It is switching gears just leaking fluid and making noises.

Hi Jason,

could be power steering fluid or transmission fluid.  Have you checked the power steering reservoir?  Was it service for any reason recently?  Could be a hose leak, pulley bearing failure.  Don't drive it if the fluid is low - it will ruin the PAS (power steering)pump.

Have it to locate the leak (hose, seal, bearing) then repair.

Local mechanic could do this for you.

Best of luck,

Land Rover Repair

John McInnis

Land Rover Discovery. I've had most of the common mechanical failures, altenator, water leaks, wiper failure, door/hinge problems, roof rust, floor rust, loads of electrical problems. Remember, I'm not a dealer or a mechanic, just an owner like most of you.

Owner of a Discovery. I've had many mishaps with our Disco but I still like this vehicle. Talk to a fellow LR owner instead of a dealership rep. I'm not in this for the money. I'm just an owner who wants to help others.