Land Rover Repair/car revs up but no acceleration in drive

Hi. I have 2009 land Rover lr2. My check engine light came on and my abs light is on, the vehicle revs up but when I put it in drive it doesn't go past 5 km no matter how much I push the peddle. Then after about a block I get Hill descent and traction control lights come on and I get acceleration. Please help.  

Hi Mike,

it could be the TPS (throttle position sensor), hence the reason the TC, HDC and ABS are affected.
Once the trouble light is triggered your LR2 goes into 'limp home mode' and allows you to drive as if normal.

Best of luck with this,

NB: too bad about those blue jays

Land Rover Repair

John McInnis

Land Rover Discovery. I've had most of the common mechanical failures, altenator, water leaks, wiper failure, door/hinge problems, roof rust, floor rust, loads of electrical problems. Remember, I'm not a dealer or a mechanic, just an owner like most of you.

Owner of a Discovery. I've had many mishaps with our Disco but I still like this vehicle. Talk to a fellow LR owner instead of a dealership rep. I'm not in this for the money. I'm just an owner who wants to help others.