Land Rover Repair/Cost to replace a transmission on a 2003 Discovery II SE7

Question
I was wondering what kind of ball part labor cost one should expect to pay for replacing a transmission of a 2003 Land Rover Discovery II SE7 (V8)? About how many hours of labor should one expect to pay for?

Meaning the removal of the non working transmission and the installation of a good transmission. Just the cost of labor only. I can get an idea of the parts cost from searching the web, but I can't seem to find a reasonable gauge of time to replace a transmission on a Discovery II.

Thanks
J

Answer
Removing and replacing the transmission could take 6-10 hours.  Variables wold be whether the transfer case is taken off and refitted too, and whether the exhaust and crossmember come off without breaking fasteners, which take time to drill and replace.

There may also be time to replace seals on the (used) transmission and change fluid and filter.  The transfer case may need seals and there can be time to fix the linkage if it's corroded.  If there are multiple complications the time can go over 10 hours but most jobs will fall in that time window

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison