Land Rover Repair/RRC Technical Question

HI John,

Once again let me thank you in advance for your time helping me!

I am working on a 1993 RRC LWB CTY 4.2

I am indicating constant power at fuel injectors, however, it is indicating both  yellow and brown wires showing continuity with power.  Am I correct in assuming that the yellow is power and the brown grounded through the 14CUX.  I am thinking that this no start problem is leaning towards the harness...but hope you have any recommendations before I start opening it all up.

Best regards

You are correct that the ecu grounds the injectors to fire them.  The fact that both wires are powered may not mean anything as that is the resting state with the key on.  The injectors only pulse when cranking or running, and even then the pulses are brief.  

What you say does not point to a wire harness problem

I would look at the wire that picks up ignition pulses at the coil, and the other sensors and ecu signals

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.