Land Rover Repair/wire shorting out, battery goes dead

Question
QUESTION: I have a 2001 Discovery Land Rover. The battery goes dead if I don't disconnect it. I took it to the Mechanic and he traced it to fuse FL 13. He can't figure out what wire it is connected to. Can you help me out.

ANSWER: Hi Bruce,

I think this is a duplicate question...  I have given a longer answer in the first question.

FL13 - fusible link involving the lighting and lighting switch.

JohnMc

QUESTION: same question but he traced it to FL3 instead of FL13ayyd4

Answer
Hi Bruce,

that's very different... FL3 is a fusible link to a number of components including Anti-theft system, CDL, folding mirrors, Diagnostic socket supply, ignition and interlock switch, AC, air temperature control ECU, the clock, the entertainment system (ICE) ....  there are so many!  The common link is the wire from FL3 (engine compartment) to passenger fusebox (then fuses, 2, 20 and 21).  

I hope this helps,
JohnMc

Land Rover Repair

John McInnis