Land Rover Repair/98 LR Disco I LE roof leaks

My late dad's 98 LR Discovery I LE has a leak somewhere in the roof that no one seems to be able to diagnose.  The seals around the two sunroof areas have been checked, redone, and rechecked.  Water comes down the inside of the front windshield, the driver's side window, and out the air conditioner vents which cover the back seat, but not in the rear of the vehicle.

How else might we seal or re-seal the sunroof openings (which I suspect is where the leakage originates)?  Or where else might the water be getting in?

Thanks, in advance,

Usually you remove the headliner and you can see the leak sources in the plastic sunroof trays. They can be glued where they break.  You will need a new headliner when you are done.  You can't get at the leak sources without removal of the headliner material and panel

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.