Land Rover Repair/2002 Land Rover Disco 2se

QUESTION: Hi, I have a 2002 Land Rover Disco 2se it ran fine till a few days ago. Now it starts and shuts off right away, I did some research and concluded it has a bad fuel pump (waiting for the pump at present). I ran the battery down testing the car and I had to recharge it. While the car was immobile I took the headliner down to fix a windshield water leak. I have the headliner back on the sunroofs work fine however the interior lights don't turn on and the stereo does not turn on??? It all worked fine before. The fuses are fine.
Any advice will be much appreciated.

Alexander Berov

ANSWER: If it worked before, and does not work now, I would start by asking what I could have done in the headliner repair to create the problem.  Have you checked for pinched wiring at the light units? You may have to drop the headliner again for that.  Look at where the power flows, using the wiring diagram.  You have a relay and fuse.  If they get power, where is it lost?  If they don't have power, why not?  Is there now a short?

If you don't have a wiring diagram and workshop manual this is the time to hunt down an old Land Rover RAVE Cd as it will have all that info

QUESTION: Hi thank you for the answer. The wires are all connected properly. The stereo was never disconnected an it doesn't work. Also the remote entry is not working, I think it has to do with the battery going dead. I have recharged the battery and it is now reconnected.
Is there something I can do to reset the system (I clamped the disconnected wire terminals overnight as suggested on some post but it did nothing)?

If the problem is in the body control unit you will need a Land Rover diagnostic system to gain access to what it's thinking.   That may well be the issue but it should not have been upset by what you described.  I don't know of any work around for the proper test system - it's all we use for this

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.