Land Rover Repair/Land Rover 2005 LR3 v6 4.0L

Question
I have a 2005 LR3 v6 4.0L which throttle hunts in 5th gear
(between 1500- 1800 rpm) between 30 to 40 mph.  Tach fluctuates 300 to 500 rpm.  I have no engine codes recorded in the ECU. Vehicle otherwise run great but surges when at city cruising speeds.
MAF, EGR and cam sensors have been replaced along the the throttle thoroughly cleaned
Would you have any suggestions.  I have had it to the dealer and they have no answers.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jim

Answer
The best way to solve a problem like yours is to look at the live data on a scan tool while you are driving.  Anything else is just pure guessing, which gets expensive fast.  I think you need to find a shop who is qualified to fix it, and who has the tools, and who will put in the time to get to the bottom of it.  

The dealer "having no answers" either means they don't have those skills, or you did not get them to put the necessary diagnostic time in,

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison