Land Rover Repair/brake bleeding

I have a disco 2 99 wish I change all the calibers ( completed brake job).My problem is I keep pumping the brakes an cant get rit off the air in the brake lines. I put a new master cylinder an nothing still the same. the fluit is dot 4. wife said junk the truck.....I don't want to give up yet.....thank you

You need to activate the ABS pump to remove air from the system.  In our shop we use the Land Rover test system for that.  I don't know any way to do it other than with the tester.  I suggest you look for a dealer or independent shop with the proper test tool to activate the pump and do a proper bleed

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.