Land Rover Repair/01 discovery 2 se gas 4.0

Just ran out of gas 2days ago,i put 2.5 gals of gas back in the truck and tried to start it up and it would not even fire once .I never had this problem before.This was the first time it ran out of gas.I was told of a reset switch for the fuel pump,But cant seem to find its location.Can you help me. THANKS

Hi Mike,

I believe you have to press the inertia switch to reset fuel system.  Check your owner manual.

First, check the fuel pump fuse.  If ok then press the the inertia switch, found in the engine compartment on the firewall (passenger side).

Here's a photo:

LR fuel pumps have been known to fail after running out of fuel.  Obviously, you don't want to let it get to that.  

Here's a link to see the service repair manual:

Best of luck,

Land Rover Repair

John McInnis

Land Rover Discovery. I've had most of the common mechanical failures, altenator, water leaks, wiper failure, door/hinge problems, roof rust, floor rust, loads of electrical problems. Remember, I'm not a dealer or a mechanic, just an owner like most of you.

Owner of a Discovery. I've had many mishaps with our Disco but I still like this vehicle. Talk to a fellow LR owner instead of a dealership rep. I'm not in this for the money. I'm just an owner who wants to help others.