Land Rover Repair/temperature guage

Question
I wish to put a numbered temperature guage in my 2004 discovery se as the original one gives me a bad feeling I want to make sure it doesn't over heat one under the dash would suffice or is the old guage in with the computer and unchangeable or can I buy a guage and sending unit and put it under the dash and if I can put a different one in can you recommend a good guage

Answer
I have never found the factory gauges to be inadequate.  If you question the accuracy of your gauge I suggest you get an infrared thermometer and use it to look at actual temps on top of the engine block at midpoint.  You should find it just over 200F.   Try that before modifying the vehicle.  Also google Land Rover liner failure and read my articles on cooling system issues and engine failures in 2003-4 Discovery V8s

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison