Land Rover Repair/2008 Range Rover Screen Stuck on LR logo

Question
The screen on my 2008 Range Rover Hse has been stuck on the Land Rover screen for a few months now. I haven't had much time to take it to the dealer. I have tried replacing fuses but that is not the issue. The volume nob also flashes orange. I've seen a bunch of forums about this topic so I assume it is common? Any ideas on how to resolve it or should I take it to the dealer?

Answer
If the screen is stuck on the startup display the nav head unit has most likely failed.  Isn't that what you read elsewhere online?  We had a similar truck in our shop this week, and we found a factory exchange head is $2400 with a $700 core charge.  Used units are offered online for $600-800 though I have not tried them, and do not vouch for or endorse junkyard parts.  

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison