Land Rover Repair/HDC Fault

Hi John,  I have a range rover sport 2008 2.7TD. I drive it for around 4-5 miles and the HDC fault indicator comes on and lower suspension etc. I pull over take keys out of ignition and restart and it clears again. Then drive for 4-5 miles and the fault repeats. I have had a new alternator and battery fitted approximately 6 months ago and I tried changing the brake lights etc. but the problem still there.  Have you any suggestions on what it could be?

The only way to diagnose this is with the Land Rover dedicated test system. They can talk to the HDC computer and a see what's going on.  The generic consumer scan tools can't do that.  Main dealers and some independent specialists have the tester for this job.

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.