Land Rover Repair/Overheating

Question
Good day Mr.robison.
Thank you for your quick response on my I initial question. You suggested that I drive around with the heater on high to see if there was water in the core. I finally got around to driving the vehicle. The vehicle started to head to the red end of the gage after about 7 minutes, but the inner cabin did not get anywhere near warm with the heater running full blast. Is there anything else I can try before I take it into the shop? Thank you for your time.

Kenneth

Answer
The situation you describe sounds like water is not filling the heater core, which may mean the system is not bled of air.  Unfortunately it is just as likely that you are getting bubbles of combustion gas in the coolant from an internal engine failure.  We vacuum fill systems at Robison Service to avoid bleeding/air problems, but if there is a combustion gas leak that won't matter.

I've written a number of articles on that - google Land Rover liner failure or Land Rover engine failure or overheating

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison