Land Rover Repair/Overheating

Good day Mr.robison.
Thank you for your quick response on my I initial question. You suggested that I drive around with the heater on high to see if there was water in the core. I finally got around to driving the vehicle. The vehicle started to head to the red end of the gage after about 7 minutes, but the inner cabin did not get anywhere near warm with the heater running full blast. Is there anything else I can try before I take it into the shop? Thank you for your time.

The situation you describe sounds like water is not filling the heater core, which may mean the system is not bled of air.  Unfortunately it is just as likely that you are getting bubbles of combustion gas in the coolant from an internal engine failure.  We vacuum fill systems at Robison Service to avoid bleeding/air problems, but if there is a combustion gas leak that won't matter.

I've written a number of articles on that - google Land Rover liner failure or Land Rover engine failure or overheating

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.