Land Rover Repair/2013 Range Rover Sport oddity/need help

2013 Range Rover Sport....just got it. I have no clue how to use it or what settings mean. Randomly sometimes, when I am slowing down to turn or a roll stop, and I hit the gas to accelerate the engine revs high and doesn't go...then it catches and goes. It's happened like 5% of the time and typically happened after I messed with somethimg(1st time inaccudently hit it over to manual mode and 2nd time was after I showed someone how it raises and lowers. My obvious concern is it has tranny issues. But it doesn't seem like that...any feedback would be great. Also, both drives it happened if I turn off car and start back and go it acts perfectly normal

There is no obvious clue to a problem in what you write.  My suggestion would be that you take the vehicle to the dealer or a qualified independent shop and get a thorough inspection of the whole vehicle.  Note that you need a Land Rover specialist; a shop with generic test told won't be able to interrogate the computers in the 2013 Rover.

I can't really tell if you are referring to normal operation or a malfunction.

Also I suggest looking on the Land Rover USA website and getting an owners manual.  Your local dealer can order one for you

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.