Land Rover Repair/1999 Land Rover Discovery 2

Sir i own a land Rover Discovery 2 and right now the car is having trouble going up hills: the service engine soon light is on all the time in addition to the ABS light, Hill descent, and TC light and hazard lights keep coming on out of the blue and they won't go off unless i pull the fuses out or disconnect my battery. can you please give me some answers on what i need to do to fix these problems.

Your first step should be to find a qualified Land Rover service facility.  They will have the specialized scan tool to read the codes that are associated with the hill descent, ABS, and TC lights.  They can also see what codes come up for the engine.  The codes may point to more than one problem, and it all starts with that scan.  

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.