Land Rover Repair/researching range rover sport 2011-2013

I live in MS and researching range rover sports 2011-2013. I owned an '03 discovery years ago and enjoyed the vehicle (except for some ABS issues under warranty) until we outgrew it.  Now I am looking for 2011-2013 range rover sport. My questions are:

1.  What is the top concern for this year group and model?

2. Does one year group have better reliability?

3. Does one year group hold up better on bad roads? (ref. Mississippi)

4. Do you have a preferred year model of the three?

Thanks for considering my questions. Btw, I found your website when doing some online homework. It is very informative. Look forward to hearing your opinion.

The 2011-13 trucks are the last iteration of that body style, and are largely identical.  You should be guided by the condition of the particular example.  I would not say one is intrinsically better than the other.  I'd avoid 2010 (first year od direct injection motor) and I'd avoid the first year of the new Tata body style.

Compared to the older trucks the 11-13 models have direct furl injection, more powerful motors, upgraded interiors, and many small changes.  Compared to the newer Sports they are the last of the original British designs after the Tata takeover.

One caution:  Is there someone qualified to service a Range Rover where you live?  It's not a "corner garage" kind of vehicle.  If not, I advise buying a Denali or something else you can get worked on where you live.

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.