Land Rover Repair/1999 Land Rover Discovery 2

Sir i asked before about Land Rover Discovery 2 problems car is sluggish, Hill Descent light, TC light, and service engine soon (which flashes) light are all lit all the time. Today i had a diagnostic done on the car it came back with these codes: P1590 Idle control, P1300 Ignition system, P0308 Cylinder 8 miss, P0306 Cylinder 6 miss, and P0300 random miss. Also, the mechanic said that oil was leaking badly on the left side of the engine he could not tell where it was coming from. i would like some advice on what i can do to have it fixed any specifics you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Tammy,

To speak to your various questions :

The cylinder 6 and 8 misfires are first addressed with new spark plugs, plug wires, and coil packs.  In my part of the US, that total package of work is probably $1,500.  You may wish to fit fresh plugs first as that is just a few hundred dollars.

There is not much I can say about an oil leak without seeing it.  I suggest finding a qualified service person to look it over

Best of luck

Land Rover Repair

John Elder Robison

I own J E Robison Service in Springfield, MA. We are Bosch Car Service for Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, and other European lines. I can answer most questions about Land Rover service or repair. I'm known as a car enthusiast, machine aficianado, photographer, writer, and speaker. I've been around Land Rovers and British cars most of my life. Visit me at my car business, or my author website, Check out my autism and writing blog at or my photos on John Elder Robison

I have been a Land Rover service manager since Land Rover returned to North America in 1987. My company is a four-star Bosch Car Service facility, known nationwide for Land Rover service, overhaul, customization, and restoration. In addition to Land Rover our company services BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls_Royce, and Bentley motorcars. We have factory-plus-level service capability for all makes. Visit my company online at > service > land rover Also visit my blog at

In the Land Rover world, my writing can be found in various print magazines and online at robisonservice.blogspot,com. In the wider publishing world, my work is published by 20 publishers in over 50 countries. Mt books Look Me in the Eye, Be Different and Raising Cubby have made US and international bestseller lists.

I am ASE certified, Bosch Trained, and trained by Omnitec/T4 and Autologic on their Land Rover test systems.