Landscaping & Design/hide a well head pipe

Question
I have a well head pipe that sticks out about 16" out of the ground.  What are some ideas to hide it with landscaping....and please don't say fake rock..I can't stand the thought of paying $60.00 for a fake rock. Thanks you

Answer
Hello:

Pile stones or cobbles around it.

Mound soil around it and place some accent plants on the mound.

Build a planter around it.

Plant shrubs around it.

Place a piece of garden art over it,such as a bird bath or other type of sculpture.

Place a concrete slab around it. The slab could be made in the form of some type of geometric shape or have other decorative features such as plaques or engravings or,depending on how much space is available,it could be used as a small sitting area or a base to place a bench or chair on.

An economical solution may be to camouflage the pipe by painting it in a flat color of either green,beige,black,brown or a combination thereof.

Basically, try to incorporate the well head into some part of the landscape.

Mark Harshman

For more comprehensive help check out my website at:

http://www.prestoexperts.com/expert/markland  

Landscaping & Design

Mark