Landscaping & Design/raised bed next to fence

In march 2012 you answered a question about building a raised bed along a cedar fence. I found the image on google by searching "raised bed natural " needless to say I'm in love with the design!  I'm looking to build that raised planter but need some dimensions and possibly some directions :)  Could you help? I'm looking to build this weekend August 30, 2013

Hi Elisha.

I am not quite sure if it is work that I have done or not. Are you talking about a back corner of a yard with a 2 tiered stone wall and small steps incorporated into each level?

If so, it is my work.

It was probably done 5 or 10 years ago.

Let me know please. I will do the best to talk you through it.

Landscaping & Design

Kevin Goulding

I can answer questions about construction techniques for dry-laid ( mortarless ) projects with natural stone and manufactured products as well. I can give details on preparation work for hardscaping in harsh northern climates with deep winter frost. I can also provide you with PDF files with thorough step by step how-to's on many other landscaping projects in your yard. I can answer questions on planting and transplanting trees, how to seed a yard, how to sod a yard and how to properly work with edging and landscaping fabrics. I prefer not to give information on softscaping unless it is related to my climate/hardiness zone. I am in zone 4.

10 years of landscaping and training other landscapers.

I have been studying landscaping technique for many years. I spend many hours reading, researching and cross referencing different techniques used all around the world. I have also taken a landscape design course through ICS so I could understand basic residential design. I have used all the tips and different techniques I have studied, and put this together with my experience as a landscaper to write a series of how-to modules. My modules are thorough, and very easy to read and follow.