Landscaping & Design/Carrotwood trees

Question
I have 3 Carrotwood trees in my yard that I occasionally trim.  How safe is it to use the wood out of the trees as firewood?

Answer
Hey, Carl.

It should be safe as long as you don't build a fire that's too large for your fireplace.

If you're going to burn wood, though, please make sure your chimney has spark arrestors on it.

Also, if you burn the branches, twigs, and leaves, or even mature wood with lots of sap in it, you might find that it's a stinky type of wood, so I'd probably burn it outdoors rather than indoors.

Hope that helps.

Russel

Landscaping & Design

Russel Ray