Landscaping & Design/hi

Are you familiar with BLUE EUPHORBIA plants?   We stopped using the irrigation system on it and resorted to hand watering.  Now the plants don't look too good.  Do you know the best way to care for them (established plants)?  Thanks very much.

Hey, Patty.

There are several plants with the common name "blue euphorbia." However, euphorbias are succulents, so they don't need a lot of water. If you know how many minutes the irrigation system was watering them, match that. It will also help if you match the hour of day. The amount of watering and the time of day is what they were used to. If you give them too much water, or if they stay wet for too long (for example, if they were being watered in the early morning when the sun was up and now you water them when the sun is going down, like my grandmother liked to do), they will rebel.

Hope that helps.

Landscaping & Design

Russel Ray

I can answer questions about water-wise landscaping, xeriscaping, and using native vegetation, cactus, and succulents to create a home paradise that won't increase your water bill.

My wise ol' grandmother got me started with cactus and succulents 42 years ago. The rest, as they say, is history.

National Association of Certified Home Inspectors, Better Business Bureau of San Diego

After graduating from Texas A&M University, I started a plant-sitting business in Houston to take care of the house plants when people went on vacation. That went on for five years before I moved back to College Station and started several businesses, one of which was a landscaping business specializing in "dry" landscaping.

The privilege of working with people.