Language Arts for Kids/Subject and Predicate Grammar

'only i am able to know what i am thinking' - Please identify the subject and predicate for me :)

Dear Celeste,
You have two subjects in this sentence but one is in the dependent or subordinate clause and one in the main clause or independent clause.

Subordinate or dependent clause:  Only I am able to know...Subject is I...predicate (verb) is "am"
Independent or main clause:  I  is the subject...Verb is "am thinking"

Complete predicate in the dependent clause: am able to know
Complete predicate in the independent clause is: am thinking.

You may find help on complex sentences (that is what you have above) at my web site:

By the way, the words: to know is an infinitive.  That is also described at my website.

Thanks for using AllExperts.
Mrs. Lenc

Language Arts for Kids

Rosemary Lenc

I am a retired Middle School teacher. I am an expert in grammar (structure of the English language) and writing. I have been a volunteer with AOL Ask A Teacher and have submitted many articles and special collections (one on diagramming sentences and one with worksheets and answers so students can check their own practice on grammar skills) to their knowledge database. I still am with them but would like other work where I can help students with their English study. I have time to help you with this, if you want me. I can help with grade school, middle school and high school grammar & writing and can also look up information on literature (reading) for students and help them with it. Please let me know if I can be of help in these areas. Thank you. Rosemary Lenc

Past/Present clients
Have helped many, many students in grade school language arts, middle school and high
school grammar and writing in both the chat rooms (live help that AOL use to have) and
message board answers plus the many students i have taught as a teacher.