Language Arts for Kids/Meaning of a phrase

I was just wondering what the phrase "Imitative desire makes all reciprocal rapports impossible" means exactly? It is being used as an assertion in a critical analysis on a midsummer night's dream, which I'm reviewing bc I have to write one myself, anyways just wasn't sure what they meant by that statement, thanks.

Dear Anna Claire,
I'm sorry this is so late coming to you.  I answered it twice but each time The answer got deleted, evidently
.The meaning of this phrase is really in the first two words, "imitative desire".
If one desires to be like another byimitating their ways of doing,or saying things, there would not need to need to discuss what one is doing as it would be obvious to both.
Remember that imitation of another's ways, generally show one's  admires the other's actions.
Alway try to use context around the word or phrase when reading as that along may give you the meaning of the phrase.
Thanks for using AllExperts.

Language Arts for Kids

Rosemary Lenc

I am a retired Middle School teacher. I am an expert in grammar (structure of the English language) and writing. I have been a volunteer with AOL Ask A Teacher and have submitted many articles and special collections (one on diagramming sentences and one with worksheets and answers so students can check their own practice on grammar skills) to their knowledge database. I still am with them but would like other work where I can help students with their English study. I have time to help you with this, if you want me. I can help with grade school, middle school and high school grammar & writing and can also look up information on literature (reading) for students and help them with it. Please let me know if I can be of help in these areas. Thank you. Rosemary Lenc

Past/Present clients
Have helped many, many students in grade school language arts, middle school and high
school grammar and writing in both the chat rooms (live help that AOL use to have) and
message board answers plus the many students i have taught as a teacher.