Language Arts for Kids/diagramming a simile, picking parts of speech

Question
The sentence is from Charles Dickens' Great Expectations.
"I had seen the damp lying on the outside of my little window, as if some goblin had been crying there all night and using the window for a pocket handkerchief."

So far we have:
I- Subject pronoun
had- verb, helping
seen- verb transitive
the- article adjective
damp- direct object
lying on the outside of my little window- prepositional phrase with window as object and "lying on" as the preposition

We are stuck on the ending of the sentence
Thanks for your help

Answer
Oh my, that one is complicated!
I really dislike diagramming and don't make my kids do it!

I am not really sure how to diagram this sentence and will need to go do this as my homework also.

Sorry for not being as helpful as I'd like.

I will relay this info when I find it - though of this is your homework it probably won't be in time.

Apologies

Language Arts for Kids

Debra Duenas