Laptops/VGA to HDMI

Question
Hello

My laptop has a VGA socket but my TV only accepts HDMI signals.

There appears to be a very wide range of converter/adapters on the market, varying in price from about 25 to 200.  Are the cheap ones worth buying, or do they degrade the signals?  They mostly claim to have the same function as the expensive models.

I'd appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Answer
Hi Michael;

Sorry for the long delay in my response.

The thing about the cheap adapter models is that they do the job for you, but they are not professionally designed. As an electronic engineer I can tell you that HDMI signals are high frequency and sensitive ones. So, the designer process is somehow complicated and the part quality is important too.

So, if build quality, reliability and brand is not important to you, you may choose the cheaper models, but you may also experience some degraded picture quality.

Best Wishes
Mohammad

Laptops

Mohammad Babaee