Las Vegas/How to accommodate 6 to 8 adults while staying on the strip?

I am planning to celebrate my 30th birthday in Las Vegas in June with about 6 to 8 adults including myself. I am trying to figure out the best way to accommodate such a large group. The group is mixed with men and woman some married and some single. What is the best way to accommodate such a group? I want to stay on the strip. What hotel could accommodate us? How many rooms should I book and is there a way to have a common place we could "hang out" or at least be close together? I would like to keep the cost to fair amount if possible. Any insight would be great.

Hey Jennifer,

There are a couple options for you to think about and investigate:
Option one would be staying in a non-gaming apartment-style multi-bedroom unit. Back a few years ago, Vegas got really excited about building hi-rise condo units up and down the strip, with the assumption that they would all sell to private owners. But, supply exceeded demand, then the economic downturn hit. Now, there are lots of "would-be" apartment units that get offered up as hotel rooms. These condo towers are not part of a casino resort, but they are usually connected via a convenient walkway. If your group wants to share a giant, multi-bedroom suite, and doesn't mind if there isn't a casino at the bottom of the elevator, then this is probably your best option.

Check out:
Elara (next to Planet Hollywood)

Signature (an extension of MGM Grand)

Trump (across street from Treasure Island)

Option two would be getting multiple rooms in a casino hotel. What I would recommend is getting one nice suite (even if it is just a 1-bedroom with sitting area), then adding additional standard rooms on the same floor for the additional people. Then, everyone gets a key to the suite and uses the sitting area to gather for drinks, TV or whatever. Just about any strip hotel is going to have a decent suite, but the ones I would recommend would be:

Extra Bedroom Suite @ Mandalay Bay

Boulevard Suite @ Planet Hollywood

Executive Suite @ Treasure Island

City View Suite @ MGM Grand

The best thing to do would be to start making a list of rates for your dates and see which ones offer the best value for what you need.

Let me know if you need any further detail or have any other questions.

Have fun in Vegas!

Las Vegas

I can tell you detail of every major hotel in Vegas, such as the restaurants they offer and the attractions they maintain, on the Las Vegas Strip. The kind of patrons each hotel attracts. How to play blackjack, both etiquette and strategy. How to obtain comps and make the most of your money when in town. Any Vegas general knowledge.

Past/Present clients
Caesar's Palace, Flamingo Las Vegas, Bally's, Paris and Las Vegas Hilton.